Thursday, April 24, 2014

Poppenhausen



Spot the gliding car
It is 8.30pm.. my body clock is tring to tell me it is 0400 tomorrow already, but I am trying to beat my body clock into submission by ignoring it.

We arrived at Poppenhausen this afternoon, and picked up our car. See if you can guess which one it is in this photo. I'll give you a clue; the Schleicher guys warned us that "it may be a bit bigger than you were expecting." Big!!? It is like a house on wheels. We have nicknamed it the armoured personnel carrier (or APC for short) until we think of a better one. But it does have a big turbocharged diesel engine with plenty of grunt, and I'm sure (once we get our armoured vehicle driving licences) it will be more than adequate.

We've had a look at Marta and Ziggy's shiny ASG29 sitting in its trailer at the Schleicher factory. Everything looks good to go, so after crashing at a local hotel for the night we'll hook it onto the APC in the morning and head south.

Next stop, France.

Graham.









No comments:

Post a Comment