Thursday, April 17, 2014

Preparations

Well, the time is getting close. Preparations have been going on for... well, over a year if you count finding a glider. Marta and Ziggy from Horsham have been ever so kind, leaving their brand new pride and joy in Europe for an extra season so that I could fly it. Thanks so much guys.

This is the only photo of it that I have so far; taken in the Schleicher factory before she had even flown. Nice and shiny...


XM at Schleichers
Don't worry Marta and Ziggy, I'll make sure she stays that way!

Mark Morgan and I fly out next Wednesday. Mark has crewed for me on my last several overseas adventures. A good bloke to have around. The plan is to pick up the glider from Poppenhausen (east of Frankfurt, Germany, for those unfamiliar) on Thursday, then we have about 1000km of driving to do to get to Sisteron, France, about 100km or so north of Marseille.

Danielle is coming over a few days later; being spared the rigours of the long drive.

Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment