Saturday, May 3, 2014

Tricky


Well if we have many days like today during the competition then I am going to be in a spot of bother. I really had no idea.

Thermals were weak, and wide areas had none at all. The wind was all over the place. Strong on the ground but much lighter and more variable at altitude and I had great difficulty finding ridges that would work. And the LX9000 was giving me nonsense wind estimations, (like 100+ knots from random directions) which didn't help. My loyal crew loses his beer privileges over that one; the total energy probe was subsequently found to be taped in position, but not plugged in far enough.

And then all of the mountains east and south of Sisteron turned to thunderstorms, so after about three hours of not going very far, that was that for the day.

On a brighter note there was some excellent news from home; Power won AND Crows got knocked off by Melbourne so that cheered me up no end.

Sitting back now with a nice glass of merlot

Graham


No comments:

Post a Comment