Thursday, May 1, 2014

My turn now!

Well we actually rigged the 29 for Graham today.
After seeing him off I went up to the hangar because today it was my turn.

Tomorrow is going to blow its ring out and rain. Saturday & Sunday looks good but I have been advised the local members will be out to fly. So it looks like today is the day Mark is going to get his butt into a two seater with a local who knows the mountains because I don't!!!





Flew Delta Bravo a Duo Discus
Remmy was my man. A local with 20 years in the mountains and a meager 8,000 hrs at the stick.







We headed off down South East and ended up just over 100kms out and turned 26kms short of the coast at Cannes. Controlled airspace decided our point of the turning.









Running clouds and ridges we were up against low cloud and rain on the way back.
Remmy had me running mountain slopes and at one stage figure 8 climbing the face of a mountain, he wanted me to get closer all the time!!!
During this climb Klaus Ulmann lobbed in beneath us in his Stemme S10.





I was looking forward to running the ridge in front but unfortunately had to bug out left as it began to clag in and rain.







Back at Sisteron we did some air to air work with another Duo Discus making footage for the Sisteron Grand Prix movie so you may just see me if you look really hard when they release the movie.







 I've never had to work that close to mountains before. It was definitely a flight to remember.
Thanks Remmy.

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment